Sweat It Out

Sweat It Out

20th February (Izzy 16 weeks)

Jace's POV

Rolling over onto my side to face my gorgeous wife, I smiled as I soaked in her beauty. Her hair was spread out over the pillow and her mouth was slightly parted, a soft snore filling the room. I love this time of the day, waking up beside her even though she's hogging most of the bed. Being married to Kenna is the best thing in the world and I love it. Hearing her call me husband is still taking a little to get used to, as is wearing a ring. A ring that I never plan of ever taking off.

The sound of my phone beeping from my bedside cupboard had me quickly reaching over to shut it up. We didn't get much seep last night as Rocco thought it was a cool idea to wake nearly every hour. I had only just settled him back into bed about half hour ago, and to give his Mummy more time to rest. He's seven weeks old now and growing super fast, but like Kenna, I wish he would let us sleep more.

Opening the text, I groaned loudly and just wanted to curl back into my wife and sleep. But I know if I don't get up, I'm sure I'll be getting a knock at the door. Who's fucking idea was it to get up at this time of the day and go for a run? Oh I know, I stupidly agreed when Brax had suggested it last night. Leaning over carefully, I pressed my lips to my wife's before climbing out of bed.

Finding a pair of shorts, a shirt and my runners, I quickly dressed and then slowly crept out of the room. I stuck my head into Rocco's room to check on him, he was fast asleep and hopefully stays that way for a hour or so. Carefully closing the door, I pecked Kenna once more softly on the cheek before heading out the bedroom. When I opened the front door, Brax was just walking up the driveway.

"I must've had rocks in my head when I agreed to go running." I groaned as I shut the front door and headed over to where he began to do some stretches.

"It won't kill you, Jace." he laughed as he used my letterbox as a leaning post. I started to stretch and wake up my aching muscles. Once he had finished he waited for me and then we were off.

"So, how's married life treating you?" he asked casually as we jogged lightly. I'm sure in a few minutes he'll be making us run as fast as we can go.

"I love it, I have a wife." I grinned, he chuckled and gave me a big grin. I've always loved seeing the relationship he has with Lexi. How on earth they can cope with seven kids is beyond me but they do make it look so easy.

"Has she let you have sex yet?" he laughed and I pushed him in the arm and made him stumble a little. I knew telling him that was a mistake. He asks me every damn day.

"Nope, but there sure is a hell of a lot of foreplay, so I can't complain." I shrugged, I'm not definitely not complaining about that. My wife has some wicked lips. And I make sure she's satisfied, even though we haven't gone much further. We almost did last night but a little someone started to cry and that ruined the moment.

"That's better than nothing. Lexi had me wait until the twins were like two months old, since I did knock her up twice in one year. With three kids." he laughed, and it's no wonder he was looking grumpy for a while there. That explains it all.

"How do you still find the time to even have it?" I asked curiously, TrixiBelle is almost sixteen months old and Roxy and Knox two five months today. Not to mention mister know it all Jaxon, hyper Maddox and little trouble maker Alex. Xahlia is probably the calmest of the seven.

"Lately it's best in the morning, or in the shower. The lock on the door was also a good investment." he grinned happily, as he he was already thinking about it.

"That's why I'm all full of energy this morning, gave Lex a good work out before she left for work this morning." he continued, I shook my head and chuckled. Just what I needed to hear.