Prologue

Phobia - Prologue

It's said that fear is caused by trauma.

Whether that trauma was real or not can sometimes be up to debate.

From real life experience or a scary movie, trauma does damage that lasts.

It can falter your everyday life, it can even disarm you sanity.

I guess you could say that I was lucky, despite the fact that it seems like anything but.

My trauma... It was caused when I was younger, around seven or eight years old... I'm seventeen now and I still have nightmares from my childhood. I still can't go out in public without some sort of weapon or object that can be used for self-defense. And I still can't look at my widowed mother without flinching in fear.

My phobia affects my everyday life. Hell, it controls what I can and can't do. I had to be removed from public school and I was sent to the all-boys academy of Norian, brother school Lobelia.

Luckily things had smoothed out more when I changed school. I made friends and almost everyone there thought that I was a normal teenage boy who wanted to get a girlfriend and pass his classes.

I could laugh at inaccurate that was.

I was not your average hormonal teenage boy. No. I was a boy who was terrified of the opposite sex and wanted nothing to do with women.

Because of what I went through... I can't live a normal life...

Hopefully when I transferred to Ouran already I can face my fears and maybe, just maybe... I can have a normal life.

I sure hope so, because I'm tired of hiding in fear and constantly running away.

All I can hope for now is that Ouran can help fix the broken.

I'm in serious need of something to mend my broken soul.

Ready or not... Here I come.