Not A Hero

The wind died down, the two boys looked up to see the black hole shrink until there was nothing left but a patch of dead grass. They walked over to it, Finn dropped to his knees and began digging.

"No, no. Where are they?" he dug his hands further into the ground, frantically pulling at the grass and dirt "Where did they go!"

"Stop." Jake said concerned.

"Where did they go! It was right here! They were right here! They can't be gone!" he continued searching, deeper and deeper. Tears began to run down his cheeks, but he kept going.

Jake knelt down beside him, placing his arm on Finns back "Man, you've gotta stop"

"No!" Finn yelled and began to sob "I can't stop! I was right here! I could have done something, I could have helped! But I just sat there! I didn't do ANYTHING! I could have stopped it... I could ha... I... They were my friends and now... Their just... Their just gone!"

Jake held his friend in his arms, rocking back and forth slowly. He was doing his best to hold back tears, he knew he had to be strong. For Finn.

"It wasn't your fault. You didn't know what was going to happen."

"I'm supposed to be a hero."

"You are a hero, your the greatest hero ever."

"No I'm not, I'm not a hero."

Finn buried his head in Jakes chest and cried, they both cried.