Chapter 20 - Best Wishes

Jason’s p.o.v

My head hurt real bad even though I felt something soft behind my back, something like a cushion or so. I refused to open my eyes as the pain was soothing in a way, a way I knew would be any day better than what had happened the preceding day.

“Jason” I heard a big heavy voice call out.

“Yes” I replied knowing exactly who is was.

“Get up son” he spoke vaguely. I could feel his shadow over me and knew immediately what this man might demand of me.

“Yes” I replied back flicking my eyes open to be completely and utterly surprised. I knew the heavy voice that spoke over me, authoritively was Zeus but what I was surprised about was I wasn’t on earth anymore.

“I have news for you” he said smiling down on me.

Unable to grasp the surroundings that I was in, I pushed myself up, feeling the cold breeze pass over my face. “I’m back home” I smiled, staring at the white mountains ahead of me. It was the most beautiful sight in the world and it was my home.

The whole land floated on white clouds and, huge white mountain’s completely covered in snow lay at a distance from where I was sitting at,  every year the mountains would shiver on this land during December and snow particles would fall off the mountain, slip through the clouds and fall as snow on earth. Blue buildings that were joined together like city which floated magically above the white surface.

Angels dressed in white and blue roamed freely with their wings, the wings would help them fly away from cloud holes. If an angel didn’t have wings and he fell into a cloud hole he would end up on earth, injured very badly, so thus we needed to keep our wings open and free in case we came across a cloud hole.

It was always cold here but it was pleasant for us, our bodies would adjust to the temperature immediately.

This was not heaven, this was Startram, heaven was above us, where the dead could go. Startram was a city for angels. It was made of star dust completely. At night the sky would go dark and each angel would light up their homes and let the light shine throughout the night. We’d only worked at night so during the day, which was right now, most the angels would be sleeping and resting for the night to come.

Only the child angels slept during night. The stardust, didn’t harm us, it wasn’t hot nor did it disturb us when we slept. It simply radiated around us and showed down distinctly on earth as stars to the humans. Every star cluster that showed down on earth was a different city in the sky. Every fifteen thousand miles was another city for us but when the humans looking up at us, it was all the same sky. Sometimes it would a very starry night, that would be like on Christmas or new year’s, special days where angels needed to stay more alert to protect people and on less starry night, that would be the days where we would celebrate our festivals. Shooting stars were, express mails, a city would only once in a long time send an express mail to another city, in case they needed their help and that’s why shooting stars were so rare. We didn’t shoot homes across miles, just big meteoroids, with turbo boosters around it, which made it look like the meteoroid was on fire, so messages could get delivered as quickly as possible. So just to conclude, yes, stars were angel’s homes and not rocks on fire.

Zeus put his hand out for me and pulled me up. I straightened my clothes and stared at the big man in his eyes.

Zeus was the king of all Startrum cities. He rules us all and he made the rules. You could call him a sympathetic guy once in a while but he was very stubborn too.

“Would you like a change of clothes?” he asked through his thick beard, holding his hand at his huge tummy and smiling down at me.

“No I like these clothes” I stared down at my blue jeans and grey shirt.