Chapter 13

**jase's pov**

Master was standing in front of me, close, and it was making me start to squirm. Sometimes I wonder if he's trying to make me uncomfortable, push my limits. He does, like putting me on top of him earlier in the room with the shower, smiling up at me like he was having fun.

"Babe," he murmurs, snapping me out of my own mind. He isn't touching me, just standing an inch away from me, and I want to step back. I am below him of course, I've always been fairly short and he's tall, but I just feel better on my knees or back, significantly lower than my master. I don't want him to think that I feel like I should be on the same level as him- I don't.

But what if he does think that? What if he thinks that I'm one of those subs- trying to top from the bottom. The ones who were always in trouble in the market, like me. I want to sink to my knees, to duck my head and apologize and just get off my feet. But I don't move a muscle, because Master hates when I do that. When I move without his permission. So I stay stiff and still, fighting the urge to cry.

"Jase?" Master's voice makes me jump a little bit.

"Yessir?"

"You're shaking again, calm down babe. You have to communicate with me, tell me when seething is bothering you. What's wrong?"

I want to scream out loud. This always confuses me. You aren't supposed to tell a master what you want, or what you think you need. You're supposed to be silent and shut down, and let the master's do as they please for and to you. But Master... he isn't like the other masters, and it's wonderful and confusing all at once. I never know what to do. Not that I can even explain that to him in words, because I'm so stupid. Worthless.

"Jase." This time Master's voice is harder, and he's displeased. I wasn't listening. Again. The tears well up and fall over, and I force myself to remain standing because I don't even deserve to be in a punishment position- that would be to put myself where I wanted and it always makes Master angry.

"S-sorry M-" I accidentally bite down hard on my lower lip as it trembles and I want to cry. Blood scares me.

"Jase," master sighs. "Hang on a moment." He disappears, out of the shower, through the doorway to the bathroom as the coppery taste of blood gets on my tongue, making me panic. I hate blood. Hate it on me, around me, everything about it. My legs start shaking again and I grab at my thighs desperately with my hands, trying to stop before Master gets back- he told me to calm down, to stop shaking, can't I follow one simple order?

The taste of blood in my mouth is making me panic, I can't make myself stop shaking, and Master is going to be angry, be mad at me.

The water stopping makes me jump in shock and fear, and I slip, starting to fall, knowing I'm going to hit my head. Pain lances from the side of my head through my body, and I clamp down on my scream out of habit, curling into myself in a defensive position. I don't want to hurt anymore. Don't want anyone to touch me, to hit me, to hurt me.

*dominick's pov**

The bang from the bathroom sends a shot of straight adrenaline through my veins, and I'm there in a split second, impatiently pulling the shower door out of my way, seeing Jase curled on the floor, hands pressed to his head.

I immediately reach for him and then stop myself, my heart pounding frantically but it'll only panic him more if I grab at him.

"Jase," I'm trying to control my voice but my stomach is in a knot. "I need to to look at me pet."

His face rises immediately, following my orders so natural to him. I see the blood on the side of his head and clench my fists to keep from freaking out.