Chapter 10

Cody and Nikolai spent a while talking and getting to know each other. 

"Woah, so you're a Sergeant, hm~?" Cody was virtually clinging to the Russian. The boy was being a bit forward, but Nikolai was willing to overlook his obvious lack of experience. 

"Da, I am. I am not on duty this week, lucky for you. Jeez, you are cold.." He said a bit quieter, a shiver going up his spine as Cody continued hugging.

"You have no idea.." Cody replied, stepping back some. 

Nikolai smiled some and stood up as well. "Well, I've no idea how you managed to get in here without being shot, but I think it is good that you did come here. Speaking of which...where are you from, Cody? Have you no one with you?"

"Huh? Uh, no, I don't. Anyway, I'm from America."

Nikolai's smile left some. "Ah, da, America....anyway, I do not think you should be here. This place is dangerous."

"Doesn't matter, does it? You'll protect me, right?"

"Well, I like you and all, but I think it would be best if you went home, stay safe until the war is over, da?"

"B-but.."

"Nyet, go on, you need to go home." The Russian said firmly, turning around. "Be sure to look me up when the war is won, da?" He told the other, before beginning to walk off. He didn't get far before Cody was holding onto his sleeve.

"Nooo..."

"Cody, home. Now."

He clinged to Nikolai and pouted.

"N-nyet, Cody, go home!"

After a while of arguing, two other soldiers kicked Cody out of the camp, leaving him to, once again, fend for himself.