Chapter 12

"You are not really going to come to work with me are you?" Devon asked as we got ready the next morning.

"Hell yeah, I can help feed and clean stalls. I am not afraid of work." I said looking at him and making sure he knew I was serious about this.

"Okay babe, I am working in the calf barn the first part of the morning. We have a few stalls that need repaired and then I have to help Finn break a few horses, do you think you want to go for a ride with me after lunch? I have to do a check of the fences in the pasture we are moving the cattle to." He said pulling on his work boots.

"I don't like horses but I will ride on the back with you if you promise not to do anything stupid." I said.

"Okay, I will be on my best behavior." He said.

"We better get down there so I can piss of Elliott really good this morning." I said with a wink.

"I need to talk to Ms. Lily before we head out so if you want you could make us a cup of coffee and maybe a bagel if there isn't anything made." He said.

"Okay Sweetness." I said following behind him.

"Hey bitches wait for me." Ford said when we were half way down the stairs.

"Hurry up slacker." I said I said when he finally caught up.

We walked into the kitchen where Devon left to go find Nana while Ford and I fixed up our coffee and I made us all bagels. I truly didn't want to work today but I don't like to lie so I figured if I went in and helped out today what I said to Elliott last night wouldn't be a lie. My goal for today is to work as hard as I can and make as little mistakes as possible. I don't want to give Elliott anything to bitch about.

"Bray, you don't let Elliott talk shit anymore. He isn't getting this ranch so no worries." Nana said coming into the kitchen.

"I don't worry about him, Nana. He isn't shit to me and anything he says goes in one ear and out the other." I said before taking a bite out of my bagel.

"Good, now have a good day at work." she said kissing my cheek.

"I will make up a meatloaf when I come in for lunch if you can put it in for me when it's time." I said before heading out the door.

"Okay, baby." Nana said.

The three of us made our way out to the calf barn where we meant up with Finn and Olly. Where the hell was Elliott.

"Babe, where is Elliott?" I asked looking around.

"He never bothers to work with us be is always off by himself." Olly said.

"Does he even work?" I asked looking at all of them.

"Not sure, he leaves clean and comes back dirty." Finn said laughing.

"Well let's get dirty." Devon said smiling at me.

Devon showed me how to feed all the different cows and Ford came around behind me and water them while the other three started to clean out the stalls. We would for about an hour with the feeding and watering because I had to stop and talk to all of the babies and their momma's plus the ones who were going to deliver anytime now. Once we were all finished we made our way to the two stalls that need to be fixed. Olly and Finn worked on one while Devon, Ford and I worked on the other. I think I surprised them all at my building skills. I wasn't prefect but I knew the basics.

"WIth five of you working on all this it should have been done an hour ago." Elliott said coming into the barn.

"Well we wanted to do it right." i said smiling over at him. He shot me a look that if looks killed I would have been dead.