Prologue

In a dimensional plane, far, far away from yours…was the Overworld. Its creation was unknown, its purpose, long forgotten since time memorial. Its forger, Notch, had placed a seed, intended to grow and support all living species of fragile life. Out of this came wide continents of monstrous forests and plains, vast oceans that crossed the endless horizon, networks of ore-rich tunnels hosting hostile monsters that were sworn enemies of the Guardian.

And the Guardian – heh, my childhood friend, Steve – was a fool. His ridiculous idiocy could easily contaminate advanced, philosophical minds, those tireless hands that endlessly tore gargantuan mountains apart to build towering wonders, an iron pick that cracked against all impossible odds through hero’s blood, labor’s sweat, and a vision for perfect craftsmanship. Indeed, he was the spawn of Notch, a human conduit for the great god that wandered the Overworld as its seer, its conditioner, its sentinel.

But what happens when unnatural forces began to make way? Forces that the great Guardian was unfamiliar with? Portals that opened up to hellish nether worlds and isles stranded in the endless void? The spectacular universe moved without his consent, bringing great threats to the Overworld, and at the same time, a variation in his habitual life that would teach him a good lesson about the heart, a lesson all sentient beings shared in common: love.

This…is the tale of Steve.