A Look into the Past

Amy's POV - 6 Years Ago

I'd been sitting in the living room with ma, watching an episode of Hollyoaks. I didn't really like the show much but ma did. And I liked to spend time with her. I was almost falling asleep when my phone buzzed. I checked my phone and it was Javed. Again. I was ignoring him.

He was nothing like I thought he was when I first met him. I was in my last year of college, half way through finishing my A Levels. I must say I was really stressed. Then strode in Javed, easing my worries. I met him at an open day in one of the universities I desired to go to. He was studying there. I asked him a few questions and we got talking. I knew it was sort of wrong but shaytan got the better of me and we ended up exchanging numbers. We began talking regularly over the phone and I often felt butterflies in my stomach. He was so handsome! And he was interested in me! Then he opened up to me about his troubles soon after, and didn't hide that he wasn't a great person. I guess he was, what was often described as, a 'bad boy,' and it seemed he only revealed his sweet, sensitive side to me. How naive I was. I actually fell for it! Little did I know that no matter what a good person you are or how average you are, turning a bad boy good is near impossible and having a good future with him is even closer to impossible.

After all that initial high from when we were getting to know each other, everything went down hill. I was now at a stage where I felt my self esteem hit rock bottom and I was completely trapped in a relationship I did not want to be in.

I tried to ignore his messages but after a while it got too much. Finally, he called me and I left the room to answer.

"What do you want?" I yelled.

"Are you angry at me?"

"What do you think? You ignore me for two days just because I spoke to an old classmate who happens to be a guy! And you accuse me of all sorts of disgusting things and you expect me to not be angry at you?"

"Alright, I made a mistake. I'm sorry," He replied. I didn't respond. "Amy, I'm sorry."

"Javed, you always do this!" I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm sorry, babe. Now why don't I take you out tomorrow to make up for it?"

"I don't want to go."

"Amy," He said in a deep voice which scared me. It was his mean voice.

"I don't want to-"

"Amy! I'm trying here!" Trying? Ha! I thought to myself. Trying didn't include talking to a million girls and forbidding me to speak a word to any guys. I didn't understand why he was doing this to me.

"Look, I just need a break," I sighed.

"A break? Okay, let's take a break. But know that I won't be here for you when the break is over." There was bitterness in his voice.

"You really think I can't do any better than you?" I asked bravely, but inside I feared his reply. I heard a laugh which had no humour in it.

"I'll bet money on it." I felt like my heart was being crushed.

"Fine! We'll see!" I shouted before hanging up the phone.

Then I sat on my bed and cried in anger. I hated him! I needed to divert my mind. I opened up my laptop and went on facebook to talk a friend. Javed always went through my phone and sometimes took down numbers too. When I put a password on my phone, he demanded to be told what it was and was offended saying I didn't trust him. How could I when he took down my friends' numbers and threw a tantrum if he saw a guy's number? So I ended up deleting most the numbers, one by one.