Chapter 8

Chapter 8

It had been quiet for over a week, since he had said she couldn’t have children he had vanished and he hadn’t come back, she thought she would have felt relieved that he had gone, but she felt a like there was a huge void in her life now.

Ellie managed to drag herself out of bed, and go down to the local store, she hadn’t left her apartment much telling her mom and dad that she had flu and it was best they didn’t come around.

She opened the door and walked out into the cold winter air, shivering she pulled her scarf around her neck and stuffed her hands in her pocket. She wasn’t concentrating and walked straight into a man.

“I’m sorry,” she mumbled looking up.

“Missed me?” Lucifer drawled.

He was really standing there, she couldn’t believe her eyes, to say she had actually missed him she wanted to slap that smirk right off his face.

“No I haven’t missed you!” she hissed pushing past him.

He grabbed her arm and turned her to face him, “It would seem a certain angel tricked me, me of all people tricked by a fucking angel.”

Ellie raised her eyebrows, “What are you talking about?”

“You can have children, Gabriel made me believe you couldn’t.” He revealed.

She found herself getting angry with him and sighed, “Well look what happened when you thought that, you disappeared into thin air and now you know it isn’t true you’re back!”

He shrugged, “So what’s the problem?”

“What’s the problem, I’ll tell you what the problem is, you!” she screamed.

People in the street stopped to look at her, and Lucifer started to chuckle no one could see him, so it looked like she was shouting at herself.

“What are you looking at!” she shouted at a man that had stopped to stare at her.

Ellie huffed and turned around going back towards her apartment, sick of the eyes that were following her and sick of the devil that thought he could walk in and out of her life as he pleased.

“I’ve been thinking,” he murmured following her into the apartment.

He didn’t get to finish his sentence as she slammed the door in his face, but if she thought that would keep him out she had another thing coming as he appeared in front of her shaking his head.

She groaned at him and threw herself down onto the sofa, “Take me with you.”

“What?” he asked shocked.

“To hell take me with you,” she asked again.

Lucifer shook his head, he didn’t want to take her she wasn’t ready to see what was there, her innocent mind wouldn’t cope with the horrors of hell.

“Not yet,” he told her sternly.

“Why? I thought that was what you wanted?” she asked in confusion.

It was what he wanted, but he had the small problem of all the women he had down there, he needed to have a clear out before she came. He had five mistresses and he was sure that she would be furious to know she was one of many, although she was different from them.

“It won’t be long, have some patience,” he whispered stroking her hair.

“Isn’t that a virtue? I thought sins were the only things you dealt with,” she bit out angrily.

“Don’t get clever with me my sweet you won’t ever win,” he told her amused by her little outburst.

Ellie stuck her tongue out at him and turned the TV on, flicking through the channels trying to find something to watch. She finally found a film that she had been desperate to watch and settled down ignoring Lucifer who was sprawled out on the other sofa.

“Where did you get that popcorn from?” she asked watching him stuff his face.

“Perks of being the devil love, by the way she dies at the end.”

“You prick I haven’t seen it and now it’s ruined!” she hissed turning the tv off.

“I’ll be back in a while, I have a few things to do,” he said passing the popcorn to her and stretching.

He needed to go and get rid of all those women, because she was going to hell with him, she was going tonight.