Neighbors 40.

LUKE'S POV.

"Please Jai, you have to eat! You haven't eaten anything in three days!" I half screamed at him even though someone screaming at him was the last thing he needed right now.

"Rose brought me some fruits yesterday.." I could barley hear him. He had been crying so much for the last 5 days, we all had but not as much as Jai. 

"That's not enough. You'll get sick, just please eat something?" I begged. He sighed and nodded slowly, not taking his eyes off Sam. 

"Yes thank you! I'll go get you something at the shop here right around the corner, I'll be right back." He didn't even look at me or said goodbye. I put on my jacket and made my way out of the hospital. Its been 5 days. 5 days without Sammy. The girls have been a mess, even Beth who had just met her the day of the accident, was a mess. Jai told me what had happened with Jenny and he didn't want to talk to her which made Jenny feel even worse, but we just had to be there for them both.

As I walked into the store I gotta few looks. Two days before the accident our single had been realised and was played on the radio a few times. I got some sandwiches and chips and was on my way to pay for it. I smiled to the woman working there and handed her some money. The door opened and Alex walked in and was looking at some flowers. Alex. The drunk driver. I was just gonna ignore him but when I saw him looking at 'Get better' cards I became furious. I walked up to him and he noticed me right away.

"L-Luke? I was just gonna pick up some flowers and go see Sam, how is sh-" 

"No you're not gonna see her!" I cut him off. His voice was low and weak, and he looked like he hadn't slept in a long time. I grabbed his shirt and pushed him up against the wall. He looked at me terrified.

"Shes in a coma and its YOUR fault! YOU are the reason this happened, YOU and your stupidity! And if you thought that you could just go and 'see hows shes doing' you're fucking mad okay?! Cause you are never ever gonna see her again!" All of the people who were shopping there were looking at us. Alex didn't say anything, he just looked like he was shitting his pants. I took a deep breath then walked away with the food I just bought. I could here people whispering and I could feel them staring at me as I walked out the door. 

"Luke! There you are! Jai said that you went to get some food and- Are you okay?" Beth asked when she saw my face. I looked at the ground, I didn't know if I was okay or not.

"Yes.. no, maybe... kinda.. I don't know." She sighed and gave me a warm hug. I hugged her back tightly, forcing the tears to stay in my eyes. I was not gonna cry. All of the sudden Beth pulled away and gasped.

"That son of a bitch!" I turned around to see what she was looking at, and I was not surprised when I saw her glaring at Alex as he walked out of the shop.

"I should go and smash his balls then cut them off and send him to the North pole and make him rotten there before I send him to fucking hell and then-" 

"Beth calm down." I laughed a little, for the first time in a while, and grabbed her shoulders.

"Yeah you better run you piece of shit." Skip mumbled behind Beth, I hadn't noticed him standing there.  We all watched as he almost ran to his car and drove away. Hes should be in jail right now, if only his mother wasn't a lawyer. We all walked back to the hospital and stopped in the doorway when we saw Jai. He was laying in bed next to her, but not too close because of all the machines she was hooked up to. He was stroking her hair and holding her hand tightly, he was humming along to Ed Sheeran who was playing quality on the radio. 

"Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?

Float down like autumn leaves