Another Day Of Surprises: Sometimes, The Truth REALLY Hurts

   "Hm, we weren't expecting you..." the old man hummed in his seat.

   "Who did you say you were?" the butler whipped out a clean note pad and looked at us imploringly.

   "None of your concern. We're only here for the problem you inquired us to fix." I said as coldly as I could manage without being downright rude. At my side, Aaron's fist clenched, his knuckles turning white.

   "I'm Edward Lurrenwood, owner to this manor." the old man's face softened as he got comfy in the conversation. "This is Jared, my butler. And who are your companions?"

   He was pointing at the fast-asleep Dylan, Mel, and James. "Their humans. Why do you need to ask?"

   "No reason..." Edward looked at us mysteriously, his dark brown eyes looking for a sign of weakness. "This will be fun..."

   Fun? Random people around his manor are disappearing and dying and he thinks its fun?

   A girl's face peeked from the slightly-opened doorway. "Who is that? Lurking in the hallway?" I inquired as Edward and Jared turned to look.

   "Ah, come in dear," the doors opened soundlessly as a teenage girl walked in. She sported shoulder length, black hair and curious, tan-brown eyes. She looked approximately 5 feet tall. Her casual tank and pajamas pants suggested that she was a permanent resident.

   "Is this your daughter?" Edward and the new arrival had a certain thing in common, their bone structure. Instantly, I knew exactly what she was.

   Edward laughed suavely. "Close," the girl sat on the left side of Edward, her eyes trained on us. "She's my granddaughter, Kat. And she's the same as you."

   "That's where you're wrong. She's a premature Aralez."

   Everybody in the room looked at me in surprise. "How would you know?" Kat asked me spitefully.

   "Your hair is unnaturally rough for my kind, the semi-visible pimple on you right cheek is made from oil, which my body won't absorb or contain. Your body structure is in a different species' jumble, your shoulder blades are much to accentuated to be normal. And your eyes are animalistic, the shape of a dog. Your clothing inspires the thought of partial color-blindness as well." After finishing my speech, Edward had the look of being surprised and impressed at the same time. Jared gave me a hard look. Kat was absolutely boiling with rage and Aaron had his lips pressed together to stop a rumbling laugh from escaping.

   "What about you? What are you anyway?" Kat spat at me and it had just risen my ego.

   "Me? Oh, I'm a Whispe. My closest relative is an angel."

   That made Aaron chuckle. But his chuckle was not heard because of the hefty guffaws coming from Edward.

   "Ha!...Ha," as his laughter ended, Edward began to speak. "I like you, your welcome to investigate the case without disturbances."

   "Wait, that girl is rooming in our house? No!" Kat was on her feet, stomping in rage. "Even if it's spooky in here, I'd rather be chased by ghosts than have that witch in my home!"

   "You will behave." Edward didn't have to lift a finger, just his voice.

   Kat had the recognizable expression of fear on her face and suddenly left the room, rage still boiling beneath her surface.

   "Well then, shall we awaken the guests?" he turned to Jared who was still staring at me.

   "I say we let our 2 honored guests have the pleasure," Jared's voice was soft and nonthreatening but I could feel the warnings in his tone. And I also knew why he despised us so.