Chapter 1

Note from author: To those who'd read my first draft; I actually stopped in the MIDDLE (sorry about the confusion about whether it ended or not) because I wanted to change a great deal of text, so expect the unexpected in the story. Hopefully, my second draft would be okay.

And a great thx to CreepyAngel for helping me edit it, I really appreciated that. :D

-Elita

________________________________________

Willow felt deathly sick. What a way to start summer. Despite the comforting, softness of her blanket that had been so meticulously crocheted by her aunt, she felt the complete opposite. Tossing and turning all night didn't help with the situation. In the morning, Willow was drained with fatigue; complete with a stomachache and a headache.

"Do you have Ebola?"

Inquired her little sister Krystal with a look of great thought on her face. The small girl tugged nervously on her pigtailed hair the colour of chocolate and took out small pen and paper. Greatly amused, Willow chuckled.

"Haha, do you even know what is?"

Krystal began scribbling on her paper, probably prescribing Willow some crazy, make-believe medicine that could cure anything.

"No, but I hears from other peoples it's a very serious and abnormal disease cause by infectious stuff. You must take take the Sparkly Unicorn Antidote to cure yourself."

Krystal took great pride in using big words, and she grinned proudly holding the note-pad up. On the paper were scattered, scribbled words, that, were surprisingly spelt right.

"Honey."

Her mom peeked through the door, holding a cup of hot tea. Krystal snatched the tea and presented it to Willow.

"The Sparkly Unicorn Antidote!"

Proclaimed Krystal, raising the cup dramatically. Willow rolled her eyes, her sister was too weird, but adorable. Anyway, her stomach felt too weak to consume anything.

"Do you think you'll be fine? I have a important meeting at four and-"

Her mom started to ask.

"Go. I'll be totally fine."

Ever since, their dad died, her mom had to work two times harder to sustain the family. Willow didn't want her mom to miss any work. It was crucial her little sister got a good future.

"Hire a babysitter and I'll be just fine."

Willow continued.

Her mom nodded, a look of doubt on her face. Her hand deftly extracted the self-proclaimed family physician as she turned to leave. She grabbed a scrambling Krystal on her way.

"Wait! Mommmmmy! My patient is-"

Her mom smiled, shaking her head and dragged her out. Krystal kicked and squirmed frantically, her note-pad ricocheting across the room as her little hands flung throuhg the air.

"Willow needs sleep, okay? If you want to be a doctor, you must let your patient sleep."

Krystal nodded understandably, as she rocketed down the stairs. Willow put her head down on the puffy pillow, trying in vain to get comfortable. But she couldn't. Hours passed and her mom had to go to her work meeting.

"When the babysitter comes, be sure to tell Krystal to let her in."

Willow nodded and her mom left. She attempted to sleep, but her head thundered with a increasing headache and her sister was singing irritating Barbie songs that hurt Willow's ears. She'll be a horrible doctor if she's torturing patients with Barbie songs. Shortly after, she heard a timid knock on her door.

"The door, Krystal."

She heard her sister open the door, and an ominous silence followed. It was quite ghastly and bone chilling. But then the silence was destroyed completely. It sounded like wild bull had been let loose down there. What kind of insane game was the babysitter and Krystal playing? Slaaaam! Crash! Boom!

Willow slammed the pillow over her head. The throbbing in her head grew more intense, like a thunderstorm with an incessantly growing of wind and rain. Her throat felt like she was swallowing and regurgitating hundreds of blades--and the war in her stomach wasn't making matters any better.

But then the horrid silence suddenly returned. It was quite eerie in its descent, it happened so suddenly--encompassing the whole house in its vociferous manifestation of nothingness. Willow rubbed her temples and reached for the phone. She really wanted her mom. As she lifted the receiver, she spotted a message.

Willow pressed it and listened.

"Hey, this is Julie, your babysitter. Um, I just have to tell you that I'm really sorry. I have a big soccer tournament, so I'm going to miss this session. Is it okay you find another babysitter? I'm sorry for the inconvenience I might of caused..."

Willow's headache began again in its true earnest--taking up all the confusion in the situation. The pain attained the frequency of her heartbeat and resonated with her emotions and of pain and horror. Her mom didn't say anything about the babysitter missing this session and getting another. Her mom didn't even see this message.

Who was that downstairs with Krystal? Willow sat there, blanket wrapped around her, frozen with fear. I should RUN. Her mind screamed, but her body didn't cooperate.

In that tense moment, she heard the most terrifying noise she could of have dreamed of.

Footsteps, climbing the stairs...

Thump...

Thump...

Thump...