Five

The pounding spray of hot water on his skin went a long way to easing muscles that'd been locked in tension since leaving his parent's home.

Eyes shut, Ryan rested his head against the tiled wall, his mind running through the encounter with Sameera, his emotions still in a riot. What the hell had his father gotten him into?

The woman was equal parts frustrating, stubborn as hell and - god help him - beautiful. Since stepping into her office and she'd leveled those brown eyes at him, full, sensual lips widening in a smile that had flown, straight to his groin.

He'd been taken aback, stunned out of his anger for a minute as his brain had registered huge, liquid brown eyes, shining with excitement, full pink, pouty lips and glowing brown skin that made his fingers tingle with the urge to run his fingers over her face.

Then, she'd opened that mouth and fucking tried to lord it over him.

Every lustful thought had dissolved, to be replaced, mercifully, by anger. Her words had cut at him, the threat she'd uttered in that calm, coldly calculating tone had nearly rendered him speechless.

Ryan sighed again, and reached out to shut off the faucet. He stepped out of the shower, dried off and pulled on a fresh pair of boxers, all the while, his mind lingered on the problem at hand.

He had to find a way to get Sameera Bhatt out of his department. If there was one thing he'd learned about her during their argument, it was that this was a dangerous woman, the kind who didn't give a damn who she hurt in the bid to get a job done.

Opening the bathroom door, he stepped into his office and froze at the sight of the woman who'd set his world on its head in the space of a few hours.

He tried to ignore the bolt of lust that streaked down his spine, or the way his body hardened in appreciation at the sight of her leaning over his desk, that damned skirt riding high, giving him a view of the hottest pair of legs he'd seen in a long time.

Of their own accord, his eyes travelled up those legs, past the point where they disappeared beneath the tight skirt, shaping a nicely rounded bottom.

He could just imagine his hands caressing that bottom, kneading the soft flesh while he thrust into her heat from behind.

He gave himself a mental slap upside the head, the way his sister did when she thought he was being obnoxious, and reminded his traitorous body that the owner of those great legs was an annoying know it all with a stick up her ass. The exact type of woman he should certainly not be getting aroused by, no matter the temptation.

Then, his mind registered the fact that she was leaning over his laptop; his unlocked laptop and he frowned.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he barked, striding towards her.

Startled, she emitted a shriek and spun around, eyes wide in horror, widening even more when her brain registered his state of undress.

Time seemed to slow to a crawl as they stood, frozen, gazes locked on each other. He watched the play of emotions on Sam's face as her gaze dropped down to his chest, noticed the quick intake of breath, the way her eyes travelled down his body, coming to linger on his crotch.

Ryan felt his dick respond to the appreciative stare, going from mildly aroused to fully hard in less than a second.

She made a strange, strangled sound, rather like a thoroughly confused chicken, mouth dropping open in surprise.

Despite his irritation, Ryan found her reaction highly amusing.

So, the 'I'm so tough' Ms. Bhatt liked staring at his goods heh?