Part {13}: Kabella Is Reunited / A New Danger

A Capella smiled back. "Hey Kaleb." she says to him and he walked over, she gave him a hug and held him tightly, Kaleb sobbed out even more.

"I'm right here." she whispered into his ear and he nods gently, before pulling away to stare at A Capella again. "I really missed you." Kaleb says.

A Capella nodded back to Kaleb who held her hand in his. "me too." he sent her a small smile.

"I hate to break up this beautiful reunion but we need to talk to Mrs. Vox, Kaleb." I said to him.

Kaleb nods at me. "I'll be right back." he tells A who nodded. they two then walked away out of Vivienne's house. A Capella unpaused the movie.

"ahem," A Capella coughed on the television, all heads turned around to face her in surprise and panic. "does anyone have a lozenge?" she asked, then pointed to her neck. A let out a laugh at her own character. "ah, classic A Capella." she said.

Kaleb and I walked back inside my home to see A Capella asleep on the sofa, Kaleb smiled before I pulled him back into the kitchen. "she really is your best friend." I tell him and he nods back.

My iPad then started to vibrate, a video call from Emma was on the screen, I hit the 'answer' call button and her face popped up. "Hey, we have a problem, do you remember when we fought off the mind flayer last year?" she asks, we nodded.

"it's still alive." Emma says. how can it still be alive? we killed it. Kaleb stared at me then back at Emma. "we're on our way back." she nods and he ended the call. Kaleb led me back to A Capella.

He pointed at her. "Vivienne, she is the reason I and everyone else are alive today, even you, we need her." he added in. "I know Kaleb, she can do anything." I said to him and he nods back to me.

"what's going on?" A Capella sat up, then rubbed her sleepy eyes. Kaleb eyed her. "the mind flayer that we killed last year, is still alive, we need for you to come back to the team again and help us destroy this monster." Kaleb tells A Capella who stared at Kaleb for a minute before nodding back.

"great, let's head out." A Capella stood up and we all walked back outside. back at headquarters, I was going over the plan about the mind flayer when Kaiden walked in. "need help?" he asked.

Nodding at him, he took a seat next to Tate who smiled. "okay, we'll assemble like last time but me and A Capella will do the heavy lifting." we all agreed to the idea, then I dismissed them all.

While they hung out in the classroom, Kaiden is pulling me aside. "does Mrs. Vox know that her daughter is back?" I nodded. "yeah, but she still thinks that A Capella isn't hers." I tell Kaiden.

Kaiden sighed. "okay, but we should probably get going." he tells me. changed into our uniforms, I led the team into the main entrance corridor.

Kaiden stood near us all. heard a growling noise, we all knew it was here. time for another battle.

The mind flayer was on the roof, A Capella looks up at the glass, it creaked loudly. "you guys, it's closer than we thought it would be." she says.

They all looked up. "oh my god." I said to them.

"that creature better not think about destroying my school." June tells us, now walking inside.

Held up my hand, she stopped. "don't move, we don't want to startle it." June nods, backing up.

"this is insane," Kaleb added in, stood still in the middle of the room, Emma asks, "what are we to do now?" I held her arm, trying to calm her down before she gets agitated. "stay calm Emma." she nodded at me. my own body is risen into anger.

Silence took over, the creaking halted for more than a few minutes, sighed in relief, we all stood down. "maybe it's gone," Tate whispered very quietly to us all. I really hoped she was right. "I hope so too." I said back, softly. Kaiden stared at me, I held a finger to my lips, he nods at me.

Just before anyone can say anything else, a seal in the glass broke in, we all screamed, backing up away as the mind flayer began to drop back in.

Its gigantic screech sent shivers, I glared back.

"Heroics, assemble!" yelled this, they all stood in a fight stance, again, this time with A Capella.

Ran to the mind flayer, Emma blasted air into the face to distract it, meanwhile, Kaleb threw fire bombs as the arms swung around, missing all of us by an inch. "A Capella! low tone!" I yelled.

A Capella threw her hands down, "lowwww." and the mind flayer started to get lifted off of the ground into the air. started to climb up, I noticed Maxine was zooming around the monster and creating a wind storm, reached the top, I bring out a sharp knife blade, then stabbed it into his head, an antagonizing scream is heard, and the monster, along with me, fell to the ground.

But before Kaleb can help me up, one of its long tentacles grabbed my leg, pulling me back over to it. screamed loudly, my team held my arms and pulled me away, then Kaleb hid me behind him.

"okay A Capella," Kaleb stared at her as she looks at the monster, then back to him. "use your new highest note possible." he says, A Capella nods.

A Capella sings, "ahhhhh!" and the monster is screeching, not able to handle the noise, it just flails it's arms around, then, an explosion goes off as we all ran away. she did it. A Capella saved the day again. the mind flayer now, lays dead now.

I high five everyone. "excellent work A Capella." I tell her as she smiles at me. she saved all of us.

The main door opened up to Mrs. Vox, who sees A Capella standing beside Kaleb. she comes over and gives her daughter a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "A Capella Rose Vox, you're the best daughter I've ever had, I love you." Mrs. Vox tells A Capella who smiled. everyone then clapped.

After everyone left, it was just me, Kaiden, Kaleb, and A Capella. "I'm glad to be back." A tells us.

Kaiden smiled at A Capella. Mrs. Vox led her out to the car outside, we all walked out and left the school parking lot. A Capella smiled at her mom.

A Capella lifted up her shirt as a tiny tube came out that held an old detonator bomb, Mrs. Vox switched it out for a new one, she placed it inside and the door closed shut. "my beautiful daughter, you need this," she said, opening up a small box in A Capella's chest. Mrs. Vox changed the small indicator valve from 100% to 800%. "so they can never mess with you again." she closed up her chest, A Capella took a deep breath in, she nods.

"I'll be stronger than anyone else." A Capella tells her mother who nodded back at her daughter, it seems that they have a new plan on the way. A and Mrs. Vox smiled. "trust me A Capella, you're going to be the new heroic from now on." Mrs. Vox tells her, A Capella and Mrs. Vox smirked.

A/N: uh oh. what do you think they are both up to now? I'm actually happier than I brought back A Capella, she's the strongest character so far in the movie, and in this book. one more chapter left and then this book will be done, hooray! see you all on the 14th! love you! 💞💞💞