Chapter 1

Charmer blared through the speakers of our hotel room

Charmer blared through the speakers of our hotel room. We paused to do the dance break, and I slapped her ass causing her to yelp as we wrapped it up.

"I hope they perform this song," I wished as I continued doing my eyeliner.

"You say that about every song, though," she laughed as she zipped up her black mini-skirt.

"Because they should play every song," I replied back.

She rolled her eyes and threw on a baby tee with a half-assed drawing of a cat on it. She looked hot.

"It's giving Lee Know right?" she indicated proudly at her fit.

"Very Lee Know. You're the sanest Lee Know fan I know."

She held her hand over her heart, "That's the nicest thing you've ever said to me."

I snorted and finished the last touches of my makeup.

"How does it look?"

I closed my eyes so that she could see all of the work I had done more clearly.

"You need two more gems below your bottom lash line and then it will be perfect!"

I was grateful to have a friend who gave honest feedback instead of just being agreeable all of the time. I studied my face and agreed that I needed two more gems. I glued them down and slipped off my t-shirt and shorts to put on my denim corset and skirt set.

"Can you help me tie this?" I asked her and faced away so she could see the loose corset back.

"Of course," she tightened the ribbon and patted my ass when she was done.

"Thank you!" I skipped over to my suitcase and pulled out my silver cowboy boots.

"Cowboy boots? For a Kpop show?" she gave me a funny expression, but I had been preparing this outfit for weeks. I knew it was perfect.

"It's just who I am," I shrugged.

"Well, you look hot. Chan's going to love you."

"Chan's not even going to see me," I reminded her. We had decent lower bowl seats but nothing close enough to be noticed.

"His heart will call out to you," she joked.

"That's gross," I laughed.

"Ella, you belong with me," she continued in a faux deep voice and horrible Aussie accent.

"Mana, you're the love of my life," I mimicked her.

She fake gagged. "Okay, I get it now."

She put on her combat boots and fixed her boobs. "Okay, I'm ready!"

We grabbed our phones and mini venue-approved purses and headed downstairs. We had planned to get ready early enough to grab drinks at the bar beforehand and to take a couple of photos together since we lived halfway across the country from each other and rarely got the chance.